WTM Author Promotional Services
As host of Words To Mouth (WTM), I receive countless inquiries and day after day, book after book, email after email, the same pesky question keeps nagging me; “How can I help support more ‘under-promoted authors,’ while maintaining the integrity of the valuable product I’ve worked so hard to create?”
I’ve received such glowing responses from authors, publicists, and readers and I absolutely love what I’m doing here at Words To Mouth. I’ve come to realize digital media—specifically, blogs and Internet talk shows (podcasts)—provide unparalleled exposure to book-lover niche markets that other media outlets simply can’t. Words To Mouth is unique from other biblio-sites, because it offers both an author interview blog and audio talk show. I’ve wracked my brain to come up with a mutually-beneficial approach to encourage more authors while maintaining Words To Mouth’s reputation…and balance my own time and efforts.
Here’s WHAT ~ A Two-tiered Promotional Program:
- Featured Authors: These highlighted authors/books are spotlighted scrolling at the top premier spot on the WTM website. You’ll most likely find these authors prominently displayed on your booksellers shelves–some well-known, some first-time authors. These author interviews are differentiated as “Featured Authors” and are posted without compensation. Readers love learning more about their favorite authors and these top-level authors help increase website traffic, which in turn increases lesser known authors’ exposure. It’s a win-win!
- Paid Promotions: “Under-promoted Authors” can take advantage of the WTM platform by choosing from three affordable options detailed below.
Paid Promotion Options:
- “Across Carrie’s Desk” Collection – Book Listing (Three authors per post MAX): This type of blog post includes up to three highlighted authors with the author name, book title & description, author website link, and book jacket image/Amazon link (so viewers can go directly to purchase your book). Viewers/Readers will enter to win the entire book collection. For a sample blog post, CLICK HERE Cost: $25 (which includes book shipping cost to contest winner).
- Author Showcase – A written author interview (See Authors Page for questions) with all the above referenced components, plus author headshot photo. If you have a video book trailer, be sure to send me the link. For a sample blog post, CLICK HERE Cost: $100 This is great for cross-promoting via “Check out my interview on Words To Mouth” links on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Customized Audio Interview – A minimum fifteen minute audio interview in the standard WTM format. For sample, CLICK HERE to LISTEN (See Authors Page for template questions, but you will have the opportunity to add/tailor questions specific to your book) Interview will post on Words To Mouth website, plus be distributed via RSS Feed to iTunes and multiple directories. Cost: $200 (Introductory Offer). Some options on how to utilize this interview are to: 1) provide link on author’s website and/or social media outlets, 2) include interview link in online press release, 3) use as interview practice for radio/TV interview spots, and 4) send as a demo for other radio/TV spots.
Added-Value at NO Additional Cost: WTM’s semi-regular e-newsletter is distributed to an ever-growing niche audience and connects you with even more interested readers. I also actively participate on various digital/social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc. I post updates regularly to simply “join in the conversation” as well as encourage viewers to visit my site…and, in turn, your WTM blog post.
Special Offer: First 10 authors to sign up for the Author Showcase will receive the package for only $75
Here’s HOW to GET STARTED!
First Things First:
- Email me a press release or brief description of your book with a link to your website (Carrie@WordsToMouth.com).
- I will get back to you within 24 hours via email to let you know if your book has been approved. Then, you can simply follow the instructions below.
- I retain the right to decline any books. Hint: Romance, not Erotica ~ Sci-fi Thriller, not Horror.
Send Two copies of your book to: Carrie Runnals, 109 Meadowlark Trace, Peachtree City, GA 30269
For any of the Three Packages be sure to send me all pertinent information in an email attachment; .jpeg book jacket image, .jpeg headshot photo, website link, book description, and press release (if you have one).
If you choose the Author Showcase option, visit the Authors Page on my website and answer all/any questions you’d like included in the interview. I’m flexible and will work with you to include questions that are more specific to your book if you’d like. These questions are just a template to give you some ideas. We can work together to best convey your message to potential readers.
If you choose the Audio Interview option, please provide your phone number and I will call you about the questions you’d like included and schedule the interview. We can pull from the questions listed on the Authors Page as well as come up with some specific to your book, so we’re sure to convey what you’d like.
Don’t forget to provide payment via PayPal button on website or “snail mail.”
Just a Few Guidelines:
- Published Bound or Audio Books Only; no e-books, .pdf files, or unbound manuscripts
- If your book is in podcast format, you must make a CD package available for the book-giveaway contest
- Payments are due in advance via PayPal or check via “snail mail” postal service.
- Posts will remain on Words To Mouth for a year from publication with option to renew.
- I retain the right to refuse any books and edit interviews at my discretion.
Here’s WHEN: NOW!!
Why Wait? Seize the Opportunity! Don’t Miss Out!
**If you are interested in placing an ad on the Words To Mouth website and/or e-newsletter, please email me at Carrie@WordsToMouth.com