Welcome to Words To Mouth!
If you have a book you’d like me to consider, please submit the following information to Carrie@WordsToMouth.com:
Your Press Kit:
- with answered **FAQ sheet
- head-shot photo
- book jacket image
- website address, if applicable
- video link of your book trailer, you reading an excerpt, or a video review (i.e., YouTube or on your website)
- When the interview is posted on the Words To Mouth site, you will be asked to cross-promote via posting a link on your website and social media groups (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc.)
I’ll need two copies of your book, if we decide to have you on the show/blog. Send a review copy to me at the following address: Carrie Runnals, 109 Meadowlark Trace, Peachtree City, GA 30269. A second copy will be needed for the book give-away contest. Please hold on to the second copy until a winner is chosen and I can provide you with the address to send the book directly to the winner.
**I sincerely appreciate your efforts, though submission does not necessarily guarantee your book will be featured on Words To Mouth.
**If you do not have a FAQ sheet, choose from the questions below. Answer these questions or others that may be more applicable to your work and email them to me along with your head-shot and book jacket image.
- What inspired you to write this book?
- In general, how does an idea for a book come to you ~ does it perk slowly in your mind or does it come in a flash?
- Give us an idea of the plot/subject without giving too much away.
- What is the primary message you’d like your readers to take away from this book? (If a novel, is there an underlying theme?)
- What is your favorite scene in the book? Why?
- What was the most difficult scene to write? Why?
- Which character do you identify with the most in your book? How much of yourself did you put into these characters and did you realize you showed up in the book? If so, while you were writing or only afterwards upon review?
- What are you reading right now?
- What authors, books, or ideas have influenced your writing?
- What is your go-to book–that one you’ve read more than once, possibly over-and-over? OR Who is your go-to author?
- Can you offer a glimpse into your “real life” and share with us a bit of your personal life—Outside of writing, what’s important to you (i.e., hobbies, passions, causes, family)?
- Tell us something surprising about you and/or something very few people know about you.
- What has been one of your biggest struggles and/or successes (professional/personal) and what have you learned from it?
- Have you ever had a nickname? Tell us about it.
- Who is your biggest fan?
- What was the best advice you’ve ever received—do you follow it?
- What is your favorite literary turn-of-phrase / quote / word picture?
- What did you learn about yourself while writing this book that you may not have expected?
- What’s next for you ~ Anything else you’d like to offer?
- How do readers get in touch with you? Website Address? Email?
Book Excerpt (Max. 250 words)
- It is best to send this information via email, either attached in a word document or within the body of the email to Carrie@WordsToMouth.com